Invisible Cities-Reflective Statement



The invisible cities project was a mixed bag of emotions, I did enjoy it but felt stressed from the very start. And I think it leaked into my final pieces too, which is not that great. The thumbnails were a bit difficult because I just wanted to get it completed and didn't focus as much on asking how the world of the city might function. lacked ideas most of the time to
The style of art overall I think was ok, but due to stress and deadlines, it was overdone in more than one way. The flaw with the style is that I spend to much time on it, it was too pretty and didn't show the side of the Mariana which was the main niche of the place.
The lighting was all over the place and could have gone with a more subtle type of lighting.
The colors sort of worked, but the mistake was to shade everything using the same layer since the low angle shot did suffer from a blur of the same shade as the mountains. 

  
The art honestly was rushed, since getting it completed mattered more than the quality of it. Or the research to back it up, but will need to try and bring more research into the art. Possibly keep it less detailed and simplistic in nature. My main goal is to make the style into a chameleon, it can change more easily when the work is not digital. thought it becomes the most stagnant when it comes to digital art. That will need to be changed on how I approach it, and try to experiment more with media staying less in the comfort zone that I am so familiar with.

If I were to do this project again, I would change my approach towards it maybe try to relax a bit more. As it ruins the quality of work from constant stress since I don't like to fail which in itself ironically can make me fail.

For the next project, I will try practice more of technical techniques for the digital art, perspective, and scale plus anatomy will be my main focus in the spare time that I have. While trying to learn Maya as the main focus for the next project since it is my weakest subject.Not yet sure how to approach the research and incorporate it into art, try to rely on more reference when working on drawings or thumbnails.   


Art To do list
-Perspective
-Anatomy
-Scale
-lighting and tonal range
- more use of reference


Maya
- try to learn how to Maya


Reseach
- more organized
- include the relevant things and try to link them together
- give myself more time so art can be completed faster, with should help with stress 
         
 

Comments