Invisible Cities-Thumbnails- Completed Cities




DIOMIRA

For this city, I imagined differently shaped lights and domes that are inspired from  Rome or Victorin  England style of bindings. Full of castles and somewhat of a medieval setting. I took some inspiration from fantasy and wondered what if the lights were floating. If the city took more of a futurist turn.     


ERSILIA

This city was a bit hard to image because I was not sure where to put all the strings that connect the people of the city. The city itself reminded me of a spider web with I tried to incorporate into the thumbnails.   



ESMERALDA

For this city, I wanted to create more of an abstract location, creating a maze that goes up like almost acting like a puzzle. Having many routes to getting to the same destination but trying not get lost in many levels of the city.      



FEDORA
Fedora reminded me of the diorama because of the glowing orbs that are many ideas for the city with could exist but was newer build. I took some inspiration from France and trying to draw a tower that would have a version of a city that is possible to build.  



ISURA

I imagined this city as an old somewhat mysterious place, full of life due to a well and plenty of water. Connecting to each building is the elevator that brings to buckets from the well. The city is a bit like a maze due to many levels and a giant hole filled with statues of the gods.  


 

LEONIA
I choose a futuristic theme for this city, as it would fit its desire to stay clean. Thought in influence maps I think it would work better if the houses were created from found objects. Since the city has an abundance of trash and items  



MARIANA
For this city, I wanted to create a somewhat a mysterious and ancient vibe about it. Since the city acts as a form of a facade to hide it's darker side. It rusted bridges and faded signs remind me of a treasure map and old pirate tales.  




SOPHRONIA


This city was a challenge, because of the of how to combine the somewhat a realistic city that can be just packed away in a van. And a permanent city that blends in but can't be taken away. The idea for this city has changed as now the city reminds me more of a circus or a tent  


TAMARA

This city was a bit neglected, so I tried to pack many ideas at once and none of them really worked.
If I do this next time the thumbnails would be digital, and try to keep a consistent number of them for each city or place. So the city would not be neglected.     



THEKLA
For this city, I took an inspiration form more oriental approach and also including a mix of a modern city. The idea sort of worked but I could not get the city to look unique as the ideas were to ordinary without bringing any sort of fantasy element too.     



ZENOBIA
This city remained me of Hogwarts with its many raising staircases and houses almost creating a metropolis with a somewhat a jungle or oriental theme. The city seems modern but at the same time the materials that they use for the houses are not modern and almost forest like. Like the city is still living in the past.    





Comments